Application requirements have been changed during the last years. A successful app is not based on its functionality only; good usability is getting more and more important. It becomes the key factor to improve user acceptance and data quality.
Top Factors For Good Usability
- Appealing, modern design
Your app must be chic!
- Easy and intuitive handling
Who reads handbooks today?
- Fast and responsive
Who wants to wait for an app?
- Cleaned-up Views
Remove unused fields especially for small screens
- Guaranteed Availabilty
The applications must be always available.
What does this mean in praxis?
All aspects must be double-checked on solution evaluation.
Please pose the following questions:
- Do you like the design of the app?
- Does the app follow well-known user style guides? If not, an intuitive use is not possible. Do you easily find all required functionality?
- How fast is data input? Do you have to wait to receive or input data? Is there a waiting time for log-in or downloading?
- How many unused fields or views are in the current app? Can I easily customize this by myself to my requirements?
- Does the app require an internet connection? Does the app always respond also with slow connections? Do I have to switch manually between offline and online mode? Or does the app do this automatically?
These are a lot of important questions that have to be answered in a test run.
Usability has highest priority
A new study by RWTH Aachen, Schwetz Consulting and Trovarit regarding CRM software give answers on the importance of different software aspects. The result: Usability has the highest potential to improve the software. The biggest problems of CRM applications are: low user acceptance, data quality, usability and performance.
Please read the full-article on Computerwoche (German).
Source (German): http://www.computerwoche.de/a/crm-anwender-wollen-bessere-usability-und-mobile-unterstuetzung,3218799
Space on mobile devices is limited: A mobile app must present the most important fields only in a good layout.
Your company is unique! No default app can perfectly fit all your requirements. This is why you always need a flexible tool-kit to customize the layout and processes to your needs.
Customizing the user interface should be done with some mouse-clicks only.
Time-consuming development or easy-to-use configuration in minutes? With Anveo Mobile App, this is child’s play: Set-up the app layout with some mouse clicks only.
Experience Anveo’s flexibility! Register here for a free webinar to see how easy customization can be.